Friday, December 28, 2007

Candy Land

I used to work for a company that held seminars for people interested in Real Estate. I was on the phone with a customer one day and they asked, "Do you realize the knowledge you have at your fingertips?!" I awkwardly admitted I had never attended a seminar or looked through any material. The customer, completely amazed at my lack of interest, refrained from scolding me and I mentally committed to learn the tricks of the trade. The knowledge I left with wouldn't qualify me as an instructor but it is enough to appreciate these fine works of gingerbread houses - well, graham cracker anyway.

FOR SALE: 1 bedroom; 1 bath; snow capped roof; mint brick; licorice door frame; nerd paneling; gumdrop bushes. Complimentary roof opening for summer breeze. Total Fat: 9G Calories: 360 Market Price: $2.61 Nice Neighborhood. Call Muffin Man (on Drury Lane) for more details.












FOR SALE: Modified Double-wide; 2 bedroom; 1.5 bath; gummi bear insulated roof; licorice piping door, window, and walkway; cookie/snow capped side decal; minty walls; m&m garden. Total Fat: 11G Calories: 398 Market Price: $4.23 Able to deliver. Call Little Debbie for details.











FOR SALE: Abandoned cookie house in woods. Great fixer-upper project for ambitious owner. 1 bedroom; 1 bath; gumdrop grass; gummi bear adorned lawn (mass graveyard?); licorice trunk in roof for potential fire escape or tree swing; house entirely filled with skittles, gummi bears, and m&ms for midnight snacks; child delight. Total Fat: 21G Calories: 618 Market Price: $6.29 Call former occupants - Hansel & Gretel for details. They prefer phone interviews - something about breadcrumbs and witches.

8 comments:

Aluwicious said...

i'll take the 2 bedroom 1.5 bath. I bid 1$

thethinker said...

I like the fixer upper.

Beth said...

You have a great imagination, a wicked sense of humour and if you made those houses, you're very creative!
Thanks for the laughs...

Celine & Cameron said...

Those are so cool! Did you make them?? To answer your question on my blog, I just used Photoshop to create the 3x3, but I think most people use a specific program that creates the mosaics for you with your own pictures (that's why mine is not very even!). And don't worry, I didn't know how to reply to your post on my blog so I replied on yours! :)

charlotta-love said...

Aluwicious: You currently are the high bidder.

Thinker: It's, uh, very sweet.

Beth: Thanks! and You're Welcome.

Celine: I made the first one. My sister and her boyfriend made the double wide and my 9 year old brother made the fixer upper. He crammed as much candy on that thing as possible. It must have weighed 5 lbs!

RED MOJO said...

Those are...very sweet?! They make my teeth hurt just looking at them. What a hoot! Must've been fun making them. I don't think they'll stay on the market for long. I see a natural disaster in store for them soon :)

Coordination Queen said...

I like the 1 bed 1 bath... not so many bathrooms to clean. I think the kids would be all over the fixer upper.

Shankar said...

Wonderful. One of your very best. This is when I knew this blog was a must-read.