Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Weighty Issues

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love that we set aside a day to truly reflect on our blessings...while eating a delicious meal.
Gratitude and food - can't go wrong with those two ingredients!
This year I was lucky enough to spend my holiday with a former roommate who now lives in New York. I spent my week in Manhattan visiting all the tourist spots. In addition to a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner, I tried lots of pastries from various bakeries.
Lots of pastries.
I really like New York pastries.
Perhaps a little too much.
On Friday, I visited the Museum of Natural History. One floor had scales that calibrated a person's weight as if they were on galactic stars or planets. On Halley's Comet I don't even weigh a pound.
0.193?! Bring me a black and white cookie! I need to eat, eat, eat!
0.043??? I'm losing, not gaining! MORE FOOD! Give me a Chinese cookie!
Extra chocolate in the middle!
58 pounds - okay, that's a little better. I still need sugar though.
Bring me a tri-colored bar.
3626?! GACK! Too much, too much! Suddenly I need to undo my belt.
2.13?! I'm back to wasting away...
hey, wait a second...
2.13 TRILLION POUNDS?!
*thud*
I just fainted. All 2.13 trillion pounds of me just hit the floor.
Excuse me while I go cry.
And start a diet.
Is there such a thing as a pastry diet? I really think I'd be successful at that one.

11 comments:

Shankar said...

The US national debt is about 2.3 trillion dollars. Let's see if you can lose your excess weight quicker than the US can pay off its debt.

PS: I'm assuming you managed for batteries after your false start.

Rhett said...

A former roommate named Jen?

Bailey said...

My heart just skipped a beat for Magnolia's!

Saule Cogneur said...

Motivation is all about perspective. I've been saying that for years.

Saule Cogneur said...

P.S. Suck it, Bulldogs. :P

Lisa Johnson said...

Your posts are always so CLEVER! You crack me up. I hope you post more pics of your fabulous trip to NY!!! :D

Patience said...

I wanna go to . . . Mars!

Celine said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to New York :) I love NYC! I'm with you about all the pastries... yum! Love the black and white coookies!!

Coordination Queen said...

I think the pastry diet is about as effective as the bread diet I'm on.

Anonymous said...

I knew pastries & cookies were heavy but...

Lisa Johnson said...

By the way, I just wanted to say thank you so much for that email you sent a few weeks ago about how you shared something from my blog with a friend of yours about the temple. That totally lifted my spirits and made me happy to know that something I said was able to help someone else! :D