Thursday, January 25, 2007

What's in a name?

My friend Rachel sent me a postcard last week. It totally made my day. She is a flight attendant and had sent me a card from a recent trip to California. I was on the phone with her last night and mentioned I loved getting mail from her. Then she said she never sent me a postcard. Hmmm… Turns out I have more than one friend Rachel. From now on, nicknames will be required!
So Rachel-the-flight-attendant, hope you are feeling better. And Rachel-the-used-to-be-my-boss-out-in-Utah-but-now-lives-in-California, you are awesome!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I read the first line, and thought, "no i didn't." haha you DO have too many Rachel friends. I will be... Hachel. (Pronounce like normal but replace the "R" sound with a "H" sound. Why you ask? Because Rs are pronounced like Hs in portuguese and that is a good way to differentiate me. Guess what? Charlie is getting married in July. Crazy. He hasn't officially proposed but he told me so. To a girl from Haines, Alaska and they will marry in Juneau.

Unknown said...

) haha i forgot about it.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Charlotte, you crack me up. I love your blog. I am honored to have known since "way back when".

Anonymous said...

I feel so famous to be in your blog :)

Anonymous said...

wait i dont get it? did u talk to one rachel thinking it was the other rachel the whole time?

Shankar said...

I've got a postcard tradition with a few different friends of mine, but one in particular, because she does send me an e-mail saying she's received it, and what a thrill it was to receive it. I think the count is into double digits by now. And I'm not even a flight attendant.