Friday, April 11, 2008

Dreaming Double

It was a typical night. I went to bed, pulled up the covers, and quietly slipped into REM.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was on a bus.
Talking to friends.
There was a wreck.
The bus would have to wait.
I got off the bus.
The friends also got off.
We walked.

I glanced behind and saw another friend. It was Greg, who, in my dream, had sprouted another head. *

I yelled out, “Hi Greg!”

Both heads turned and smiled, the sets of white teeth shining.

“Charlotte,” replied one head, “I don’t go by Greg anymore.”

I tilted my head and furrowed my brow.

In response to my confusion, one of the heads started, “I’m Miley,”

"...and I’m Smiley!”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up laughing.

And confused. How did that dream come about? Why two heads? Miley? Isn't that a girl name? And Smiley?! What were his parents thinking? So many questions.

Though it's no question now why Greg has a new nickname.

__________________________________
* 10 Charlottalove points** to the first person to correctly identify this character and movie title.
** Points may not be redeemed. Bragging rights only.

8 comments:

RED MOJO said...

Don't dream about me! I'd probably end up with a second uterus growing on my back named Gladys!

Shankar said...

Zaphod Beeblebrox from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

gokiburijin said...

Thats what you get for staying up late.

ME said...

LOL!! What a crazy dream. What did you eat for dinner?

Beth said...

I'm not even in the running for those bragging rights - but I love the fact you woke up laughing from a dream. Great way to start the day.

Charlotta-love said...

Gladys: I will not dream about you.

Shankar: 10 Charlottalove points!

Brett: Insomniac dreams?

Craze: Hamburger.

Beth: I agree. Any side of the bed is a good side if you are laughing.

Travis Butterfield said...

I love the Zaphod Beeblebrox reference. Although, to be honest, I think the Zaphod from the new version of Hitchhiker's Guide is cooler - where the head pops up from his neck. Plus, I like that actor. He was great in Matchstick Men.

Unknown said...

Slipped into REM? I'm going to assume you mean "fell asleep" and not "put on my Michael Stipe pajamas."