Monday, July 30, 2007

The Truth Hurts

Near the end of an engaging conversation with a buddy at church, he said, "Charlotte, I don't care what people say about you ~ you're a good woman."

* Blink*

Um...thanks. What do people say about me?
He just smiled and walked away.

According to Em, I'm a schmoozer. And I don't care what people think, I'm going to take that as a compliment.
Here's what I get to do now. Instead of the saying, "You snooze, you lose," I get to "choose the schmooze." This seems a fitting time to make a confession. I'm an addict. I have a rare condition - so rare in fact that doctors haven't been able to completely diagnose it. I've been told I have a combination of boredom and extra time. While I'm still waiting for the current lab results, I know that surfing the internet for blogs is one of the best cures. Here are two of the tastiest antidotes I've found.

La Cinquieme Montagne ~ A blogger I've never met but found through a friend of a friend...of a friend. We go way back. At least 2 months now. He blogs of common events with a satirist wit. I always leave his site not as bored with a little less extra time.

Clarissa Cooper Photography ~ As if the pictures aren't enough, her writing is captivating. Each time I visit her site I feel inspired to hike Mount Everest, start a band, chisel a statue or paint the next Monet. Then I realize I don't have any paint.

So go forth and blog! and schmooze! and paint if you have the supplies! And I don't care what everyone else says about you ~ you are a good person too.

12 comments:

Clair said...

You're so cute. Thanks for the sweet comments. I can't believe that guy said that to you...seriously?? I would want to know what ARE people saying about me?! Too bad you couldn't respond with, well, that's funny because what everyone says about you IS TRUE. :)

Clair said...

p.s. there is nothing wrong with being a schmoozer. It just means you have good networking skills :)

Dan said...

You're Wonder Woman for God sakes! You have more power than just schmooze power, don't you? :)

robkroese said...

Ok, I get it. I'll stop saying that stuff.

Saule Cogneur said...

I've always been awesome. Now I can be awesome and flattered.

I sort of relish in other peoples' misconception of me. I rather enjoy doing something different only for the sake of messing with their heads. That's really the only use I have for people who don't like me.

You should check out this blog: http://rebeccapletsch.blogspot.com/

It's one of my favorites.

Em said...

Trust me..it is a compliment...at least in this case. you are a great writer and have great conversations going on your blog!

thethinker said...

So... what are people saying about you?

Craig D said...

Congrats on your SCHMOOZIE award!

Charlotta-love said...

Thanks for the comments. The guy at church was teasing when he said what he did. I just like to twist things out of proportion to make the story juicier. Thanks Em for the award! :o)

Clair said...

Hey...I tagged you. Go to my site to see the rules. xoxo

www.xanga.com/kissacooper

Salt H2O said...

Dr. Larua told me I was shmoozable (LONG story) but I think that means that you and I could easily become good friends.

Shankar said...

I'll say you can schmooze...even at long, long, long distance.