- You can never pack too much food...or towels.
- There is an Interstate 16 and a Highway 16. Take the interstate unless you want a really long scenic detour.
- When laying out, occasionally take your sunglasses off. Looking like a raccoon is not in style.
- Bring lots and lots and lots of quarters for the parking meters. A nickel will only get you 3 minutes.
- The Atlantic Ocean tastes very, very salty.
- The beach house "shower(s)" consist of a single pipe hanging down from a concrete wall that sprays water colder than the Pacific Ocean...
- ...one pipe for all the beach bums equals a long line.
- Don't stand down wind of any person shaking the sand off their towels.
- Sunscreen should not be under estimated.
- If your siblings get bored, it is not a good idea to lie down on the sand even for a minute.
Shelly Belly ~ who will later find sand in places she didn't know sand could hide.
The culprits: Faisal, Johnny, ...
...and one used-to-be-really-white-but-now-sunburned Charika.