So I'm gone for a week.
Before you get excited and wish me a happy holiday, let me tell you what I'm doing. I'll be vacationing as a counselor at a youth camp. One week of no sleep, cafeteria food, and chaperoning hormone-charged teens isn't a typical vacation. The youth will all be at least a decade younger than me. This is fine unless someone brings pop culture into the conversation. I'm sure I'll come back with, like, a totally new vocabulary and I'll know, like, way awesome cool stuff about the world. I'm gonna learn things like:
* Justin Timberlake is not single anymore? What!? and I was hoping for a chance.
* Mary Kate and Ashley are sooooo hot right now. Like Totally!
* Mandy Moore is on tour? Oh wow...that's awesome.
And I'm sure I'll be able to relate to the girls in so many ways.
* Oh my gosh - I hate pimples too. I had, like, a huge one but then it, like, totally, like disappeared. It must be like the magic from Harry Potter. Totally like that.
* You wear size 4? No way! Me TOO! Oh wait...in pants? I was talking ring sizes for my pinky finger...never mind.
* I know! - work is so lame. Yeah, I hate those part-time jobs at the local pool too!
In all honesty though, I'm looking forward to it. I wouldn't have applied otherwise. Since I'll be, like, totally not by the computer, you will, like, have to go to some of my, like, favorite archives.
Such as my very first post ever, and why I shouldn't shop alone, as well as my new year's resolution, or the COWs in my life.
So Party on Wayne...oh wait, that's what was said when I was in high school. What do kids say now-a-days? Is "chill out" acceptable?
I'll let you know in a week.