Recently a friend and I watched The Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The basic plot involves two men, Nicholson and Freeman, who are assigned a hospital room together. Upon learning news that each is terminally ill, they make a wish list of to-dos before they kick the bucket. The movie chronicles their last adventures.
After the movie was over my friend and I discussed our own Bucket Lists. Since I am the self appointed queen of lists, I'd written one previously. Naturally.
Random Fact #1: I don't like clutter on my desk so I filed this list. Naturally.
Random Fact #2: I have no system with my personal files. I can't find my list. Naturally.
Going by memory, here are a few I wrote down:
- Compete in a triathlon ~ Done! I plan on competing again.
- Grow a rose garden ~ I attempted a vegetable garden last year and cultivated a total of three, read it again, three (3) beans. I have a long way to go with this goal.
- Visit all 50 states ~ I've got 23 out of the way.
- Own some pearl jewelry ~ Done!
- Play a musical number on the piano at church ~ Let me stop to say I don't know how to play the piano. Yikes! Why did I write that?
- Play on a city soft ball team ~ Done!
- Purchase a home ~ This will need to wait.
- Read all of Shakespeare's work ~ Friends, Romans, Bloggers, lend me your ears. For 'tis a goal that shall take a long while. I shall get to this tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.
- Attend and comment at a school board meeting ~ Along with purchasing the home, this goal will need to wait.
My next task is to find my Bucket List so I can remember the rest. What would you put on your Bucket List?