I've been slacking lately. I've hardly visited or commented on blogs at all this week. I guess everyone has that off week and that's my excuse. Actually though, I have been busy. Just this week I've:
* finalized trip details for my class reunion next week
* picked Little Boy Blue up from school twice since Mama Mia is out of town
* filled out an application for school to go back and get a masters
* filled out an application to be a counselor next year at EFY
* filled out an application ~ goodness...another application?! ~ for a job better suited to my skills
* helped organize the details for a church activity scheduled for Saturday.
I've still managed to maintain a somewhat consistent schedule at the gym. I do go later in the evening though which has really changed the demographics of my treadmill neighbors. Instead of the working class individuals who come directly after work, the evening gym is home to students in high school and college. The 5:30 crowd is there to work out. The 10 pm crowd is there to check out. After I finished on the treadmill, I walked into the weight room.
Side note: I don't do free weights all that often. I'm what you call, wimpy.
I walk over to the small barbells where three frat brothers happen to be. Of course they are doing reps with barbells 1/3 my weight. (I do that too...well, 1/3 the weight I was at age 5, anyway). As I approached the guys, one lifted a 60lb barbell off the floor as easy as a tv remote, flexed and asked, "Are you looking for this?"
I just smiled and said, "Actually, can you hand me the 12?"
Yep. I'm smooth...