Monday, March 17, 2008

Stop, Look, & Listen

Today you are treated to more of my grade school art. These papers were stapled together thus making the weight too heavy to hang on the fridge. My art is just that good. No fridge. Just memory books. Stuffed in a box. Shoved in the basement.

Anyway, the lesson must have been on safety since I'd glued red, yellow, and green dots to a stoplight on the first page. The next three drawings, as you will see, indicate the safe way to cross a street.



I Stop: If I had to choose which limbs to go without, the picture indicates I'd keep my legs. This means I'd have to learn to type with my toes but that's an entirely different post.





I Look: A rare self drawing done during my jack-o-lantern days. Oh, and I like to think outside the line.



I Listen: Whew, good thing I grew into those ears. Good thing I gave up wearing bandanas. And good thing I'm no longer bald.

Next lesson: asking friends to jump out at red lights and hit the pedestrian crossing button so the light will turn green.

8 comments:

RED MOJO said...

charlotta-love, Those are great! You fogot to mention in the first drawing how talented you were, sitting on that tight rope with no arms to use for balance. Are your people circus people?

Beth said...

Thanks for the morning smile!
Your drawings remind me of the way I draw - NOW.

Alice said...

I love the eyes on the second one!

ME said...

Great post, you gave me a smile today!

Celine said...

I love the drawings!

Kelly said...

HA!!!! And you had "Caiden Ears" in the last picture!

Unknown said...

on the first picture... you forgot the "O" for your name (looked like it at least) and it looked like you had arms to me! one was hanging on the the stop sign and the other was hangin on to the edge of the paper.

Shankar said...

Did you have The Green Cross Code in the US to help kids cross the road safely? That's what we had in the UK: "Stop - Look - Listen...always remember the Green Cross Code, because I won't be there while you cross the road." The Green Cross Code Man was the guy who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars movies.