Monday, March 3, 2008

3rd Time's the Charm

I love pickup lines. I'm not sure when, where, or how I developed this bond with cheesy sayings but I enjoy any chance to learn or use these silly lines. Johnny-Cherie came home the other night and shared a new pick up line with me. I laughed and decided to try the saying on some friends.

The next day I was online chatting and, although pickup lines don't even work in person, I decided to try some virtual flirting with Scottie-the-Hottie.

Me: Scott, do you have a raisin?
STH: Yes
Me: ...wrong answer.
STH: I don't like raisins...?
Me: Do you actually have raisins with you at this exact moment?
STH: As part of a larger food product, yes.
Me: You have grapes?
STH: No, I have a granola bar with raisins. This is a really long pick up line sequence.
Me: Never mind.

Later, I tried the same line on another friend and got similar results.

Me: Friend, do you have a raisin?
Friend yet to receive a blog nickname: Yes I do.
Me: hmm...that's the wrong answer.
Nameless friend: Ok. No, I don't.
Me: *sigh

I tried the line for the third time with Mr. Reynolds.

Me: Mr. Reynolds, do you have a raisin?
Tinfoil Guy: Not anywhere near me.
Me: Oh good...how about a date?

I learned a valuable lesson with pickup lines: They don't work via online chat. Pickup lines don't work in person...but we already knew that.

8 comments:

gokiburijin said...

It smells like updawg in here...

Shankar said...

So, let's get this straight: pickup lines work with tinfoil? Or is it that you made your third attempt on Friday, February 29th? That's Sadie Hawkins Day in some places, a day on which the girl is allowed to do the asking, thereby practically guaranteeing your success.

PS: Who is this friend who shall remain nameless, Lord Voldemort?

Charlotta-love said...

Brett: What's updawg?

Shankar: I think I just got lucky on my 3rd attempt. As for the friend, Lord Voldemort won't work...he's more of an Indian(na) Jones.

ME said...

That is hilarious!

Bone said...

I think sometimes using a horrible pick up line to break the ice can be good. Such as, "What's your sign?" or "Come here often?"

Maybe.

I mean, to me those are much better than, "Are you on Facebook?"

RED MOJO said...

Pick up lines...you're funny.

Charlotta-love said...

Craze: try the line on a friend. I guarantee laughter!

Bone: Are you on facebook? LOL Never tried that one but I might.

Mojo: pick up lines make me happy. :o)

lin said...

OMG i liked that!! i'm gonna use it on someone... i could only imagine Mr. Reynolds face when he heard that. now who should i use this on... hmm...