Friday, February 29, 2008

Freedom

The 13th amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America states, "neither slavery nor involuntary servitude...shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Allow Little Boy Blue to demonstrate.

It rained here in Georgia earlier this week. Just as P2 and LBB went to leave, the rain increased and started to pour on our area. Instead of complaining that he would have to run through the rain to class, LBB quietly went upstairs to get his rain gear.

From across the hall, he asked me, "Do y ou think I will keep dry if I wear this?"

Then he walked in my room.

I laughed. I tried not to but he caught me off guard. I assured him he would be dry.

He is no slave to fashion; no slave to social norms or expectations.

There are times I wish I still had that freedom.

12 comments:

Shankar said...

Blaze your own trail, LBB! Don't let the norms of fashion hold you back!

RED MOJO said...

Embarrassingly, I wore that same outfit just last week!

Anonymous said...

This is just another demonstration that proves I was adopted.

ME said...

We could all use a dose of freedom of expression. Good for him!

samokdaddy said...

I think I saw a cold weather version of that up her in Minneapolis just last week. Freedom is alive and well up here too.

Alice said...

Who is this kid. He is soooo cool!

Beth said...

Unique (and sweet). That boy is going to go far in life.

thethinker said...

A raincoat & an umbrella all in one. That's great!

Jared and Katy said...

I didn't know people still had those hats!

Charlotta-love said...

Shankar: there is nothing normal with LBB. :o)

Mojo: oh...I'm sure you looked great...

Dean: he got it out of your closet.

Craze: I agree!

Samok: lol, glad to hear!

Alice: That would be my 10 year old brother.

Beth: I think so. He is smart too!

Thinker: also a great conversation stopper!

Katy: only at our house. :o)

Bone said...

Hahaha! OK, that's very practical, but I would've gotten the crap beat out of me if I had worn that to school.

The Dally Llama said...

That kid's a genius. The boots really pull the whole thing together.